1. ALWAYS examine the weight of the blanket that you purchase with a doctor to be particular it is the right weight for the person utilizing it. While we will try to assist by making recommendations when asked, these are only suggestions. You ought to CONSTANTLY validate the weight/pressure with a doctor prior to making your purchase.
2. NEVER use a weighted blanket as a restraint or punishment
3. NEVER use your weighted blanket as a “tent” or permit children to crawl underneath it, as this produces a suffocation danger.
4. NEVER utilize a weighted blanket in a crib or with an infant!
5. If you have any other safety issues please call us at email@example.com and we will attempt our best to assist.
1. While every effort is made to represent color properly, every screen is different and we can not guarantee the colors you see match the colors of real material.
2. You may notice some colored lines along the seams when you get your blanket. This is simply chalk (non-toxic) used to mark the fabric for cutting and sewing it can be eliminated with a wet fabric or in the wash.
A weighted blanket resembles a regular blanket however much heavier. It is normally stitched into pockets, normally square or rectangular in shape. Producers use a range of products included into each pocket to offer the weight. The type and quality of products varies and may include items such as plastic pellets (both virgin and recycled), glass beads, river stones, sand, steel ball bearings and even numerous natural products such as rice or wheat. In addition to the material used for weight, some manufacturers likewise include a filler to each pocket to offer softness and to assist keep the material from moving inside the pocket.
A weighted blanket uses something referred to as DTP or deep touch pressure and sensory support in order to assist with something called proprioception. The term proprioception refers to the brains capability to know where all of its body parts remain in space. A fine example of this would be if you are in a dark theater, you can still most likely reach into a box of popcorn and find your mouth without taking your eyes off the movie. Another example might be if you stand, extend your arms, close your eyes and then attempt to touch your nose. The majority of us can achieve this with little problem. The idea behind the weighted blanket is that it assists to enhance the sensory input the brain is receiving by utilizing weight.
The Weighted Blanket’s Size and Weight
A Matter of Choice
For healthy adults, both the weight and the size of a weighted blanket is just a matter of choice. There are obviously, some caveats, but in general if the individual utilizing the blanket has complete use of their faculties, can move and breath without any problems and is totally conscious then it’s absolutely nothing more complicated than preference.
We have found that a lot of our customers take pleasure in a truly heavy blanket, while for others that exact same heavy blanket may in fact increase their anxiety level and so they prefer something lighter. Our blankets range from 0.30 – 0.95 pounds per square foot with most of our adult consumers preferring something around 0.65 on average.
Fabrics: – We utilize only high quality materials from credible manufacturer’s such as Robert Kaufman, Michael Miller, Classic Treasures, Shannon Fabrics, and so on. We never ever use poor quality products that can trigger itching or fall apart with very little usage. All of our materials can be maker cleaned in your home utilizing cold/warm water, gentle cycle with no bleach or softener and then dried on cool delicate cycle in the drier.
For Weight: We utilize only virgin plastic pellets, food grade, BPA complimentary HDPE. We never ever use recycled pellets which might include unknown chemicals or residue. Our pellets are produced particularly for us and are non-toxic.
For Filler: For softness we use a soft polyester fiber which is hypo-allergenic and non-toxic.
This content was originally published here.