1. ALWAYS inspect the weight of the blanket that you purchase with a physician to be certain it is the proper weight for the person using it. While we will try to assist by making suggestions when asked, these are only tips. You must ALWAYS verify the weight/pressure with a doctor prior to making your purchase.
2. NEVER use a weighted blanket as a restraint or punishment
3. NEVER utilize your weighted blanket as a “camping tent” or allow kids to crawl underneath it, as this creates a suffocation threat.
4. NEVER use a weighted blanket in a crib or with a baby!
5. If you have any other security concerns please call us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt our finest to help.
1. While every effort is made to represent color precisely, every monitor is various and we can not guarantee the colors you see match the colors of actual material.
2. You might notice some colored lines along the joints when you receive your blanket. This is merely chalk (non-toxic) used to mark the fabric for cutting and stitching it can be gotten rid of with a damp fabric or in the wash.
A weighted blanket is like a routine blanket but much heavier. It is usually stitched into pockets, typically square or rectangular fit. Manufacturers utilize a range of materials added into each pocket to provide the weight. The type and quality of products varies and might include items such as plastic pellets (both virgin and recycled), glass beads, river stones, sand, steel ball bearings and even numerous natural materials such as rice or wheat. In addition to the product utilized for weight, some producers also add a filler to each pocket to supply softness and to assist keep the material from walking around inside the pocket.
A weighted blanket utilizes something described as DTP or deep touch pressure and sensory support in order to assist with something called proprioception. The term proprioception refers to the brains ability to know where all of its body parts are in area. A fine example of this would be if you are in a dark film theater, you can still probably reach into a box of popcorn and find your mouth without taking your eyes off the film. Another example might be if you stand, extend your arms, close your eyes and after that try to touch your nose. Many of us can achieve this with little trouble. The concept behind the weighted blanket is that it helps to reinforce the sensory input the brain is getting by utilizing weight.
The Weighted Blanket’s Size and Weight
A Matter of Choice
For healthy adults, both the weight and the size of a weighted blanket is just a matter of preference. There are obviously, some caveats, however in general if the individual using the blanket has complete use of their professors, can move and breath with no issues and is totally mindful then it’s absolutely nothing more complex than preference.
We have actually discovered that a lot of our consumers delight in an actually heavy blanket, while for others that same heavy blanket may really increase their anxiety level therefore they prefer something lighter. Our blankets range from 0.30 – 0.95 pounds per square foot with most of our adult customers preferring something around 0.65 usually.
Fabrics: – We use just high quality fabrics from respectable maker’s such as Robert Kaufman, Michael Miller, Timeless Treasures, Shannon Fabrics, and so on. We never ever use poor quality products that can trigger itching or fall apart with minimal usage. All of our fabrics can be machine cleaned at home utilizing cold/warm water, mild cycle with no bleach or softener and then dried on cool delicate cycle in the drier.
For Weight: We use only virgin plastic pellets, food grade, BPA complimentary HDPE. We never ever use recycled pellets which might consist of unknown chemicals or residue. Our pellets are produced specifically for us and are non-toxic.
For Filler: For softness we use a soft polyester fiber which is hypo-allergenic and non-toxic.
This content was originally published here.