Due to sanitary reasons, especially with the current situation, all masks are FINAL SALE and CANNOT BE RETURNED!
Fabric Face Mask Cover with pocket for Filter, Washable cover with pocket for filter, filter is not included in this purchase
Made with 100% breathable cotton. You will only be receiving the cover with your purchase.
Machine Wash Cold. Tumble Dry Low. No Bleach. We do not pre-wash any fabric in our shop due to allergy and contamination concerns.
Directions: Place the filter inside the pocket with pleats down.
Machine Wash Cold. Tumble Dry Low. No Bleach
1. ALWAYS check the weight of the blanket that you purchase with a medical professional to be certain it is the correct weight for the person using it. While we will try to help by making recommendations when asked, these are only suggestions. You should ALWAYS confirm the weight/pressure with a medical professional before making your purchase.
2. NEVER use a weighted blanket as a restraint or punishment
3. NEVER use your weighted blanket as a “tent” or allow children to crawl underneath it, as this creates a suffocation risk.
4. NEVER use a weighted blanket in a crib or with an infant!
5. If you have any other safety concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to help.
1. While every effort is made to represent color accurately, every monitor is different and we cannot guarantee the colors you see match the colors of actual fabric.
2. You may notice some colored lines along the seams when you receive your blanket. This is simply chalk (non-toxic) used to mark the fabric for cutting and sewing it can be removed with a damp cloth or in the wash.
A weighted blanket is like a regular blanket but heavier. It is typically sewn into pockets, usually square or rectangular in shape. Manufacturers use a variety of materials added into each pocket to provide the weight. The type and quality of materials varies and may include items such as plastic pellets (both virgin and recycled), glass beads, river stones, sand, steel ball bearings and even various organic materials such as rice or wheat. In addition to the material used for weight, some manufacturers also add a filler to each pocket to provide softness and to help keep the material from moving around inside the pocket.
A weighted blanket uses something referred to as DTP or deep touch pressure and sensory reinforcement in order to help with something called proprioception. The term proprioception refers to the brains ability to know where all of its body parts are in space. A good example of this would be if you are in a dark movie theater, you can still probably reach into a box of popcorn and find your mouth without taking your eyes off the movie. Another example might be if you stand up, stretch out your arms, close your eyes and then try to touch your nose. Most of us can accomplish this with little difficulty. The idea behind the weighted blanket is that it helps to reinforce the sensory input the brain is receiving by using weight.
The Weighted Blanket’s Size and Weight
A Matter of Preference
For healthy adults, both the weight and the size of a weighted blanket is simply a matter of preference. There are of course, some caveats, but in general if the person using the blanket has full use of their faculties, can move and breath without any problems and is fully conscious then it’s nothing more complicated than preference.
We have found that many of our customers enjoy a really heavy blanket, while for others that same heavy blanket may actually increase their anxiety level and so they prefer something lighter. Our blankets run from 0.30 – 0.95 pounds per square foot with most of our adult customers preferring something around 0.65 on average.
Fabrics: – We use only high quality fabrics from reputable manufacturer’s such as Robert Kaufman, Michael Miller, Timeless Treasures, Shannon Fabrics, etc. We never use low quality materials that can cause itching or fall apart with minimal use. All of our fabrics can be machine washed at home using cold/warm water, gentle cycle with no bleach or softener and then dried on cool delicate cycle in the drier.
For Weight: We use only virgin plastic pellets, food grade, BPA free HDPE. We never use recycled pellets which might contain unknown chemicals or residue. Our pellets are manufactured specifically for us and are non-toxic.
For Filler: For softness we use a soft polyester fiber which is hypo-allergenic and non-toxic.
This content was originally published here.