I mentioned in
- For an adult size mask, cut 1 piece of cotton fabric 6″ wide and 9″ long
- Cut 2 pieces of elastic, each 11″ long
- Put the right sides of fabric together
- Start at the corner, sew both layers together, make sure to leave about a 2″ opening
- Turn them right side out through the opening, Make sure to push out the corners
- Iron the mask flat, make sure the seam allowance at the opening is tucked inside
- Fold 3 evenly spaced pleats and iron in place
- Top-stitch around the entire perimeter of the mask. Make sure all pleats are facing the same direction
- Fold the right side of the fabric along the shorter sides to create a pocket for the elastic band and sew a straight line.
- Insert the elastic band through the pocket and tie a knot to the ends
- Pull the elastic band until the knots are hidden in the pocket
..and you’re done!
This content was originally published here.