Hi, BEAUTY! I hope you are safe and well. I’m popping in to let you know I just posted a VIDEO TUTORIAL on how to make this DIY Face Mask, the great thing is you don’t need any elastic/ties! I’ve also included a FREE PATTERN for you and the family in today’s blog post. Please share it with your friends and loved ones!
Download your FREE PATTERN and watch this step by step VIDEO TUTORIAL!
Adjust your pattern as need along the earhole or at the side seams! I hope you enjoy this tutorial and find it helpful, remember to share it with your friends and family! Stay safe! Happy Sewing! – XO Rosy
| DIY FACE MASK VIDEO TUTORIAL |
**SUBSCRIBE TO MY SEWING CHANNEL HERE** It’s FREE!
| DIY FACE MASK PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS |
PRINTING: Before printing have page scaling turned off, or set to auto portrait/landscape. The pattern must be printed at 100% or it will be the incorrect size. Measure the Test Square before use.
- Cut 2 pairs of main fabric, cut 1 pair of the main interfacing.
- Cut 1 pair of earpiece using a stable knit fabric (ie. Ponte de Roma, Double knit)
- Fuse 1 pair interfacing, using the manufacturer directions, to 1 pair of main (This will be the lining).
- Pin 1 pair main with right sides together at the front, matching double notches, sew with a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance. Repeat with lining (Note: if you want to leave an opening for a filter you may do this now, by leaving a 1” opening at the middle of the lining seam).
- Press to neaten. Topstitch in place. Repeat with lining.
- Place the main pieces with the right sides together, pin along the top, then the bottom. Sew with a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance (Leaving the sides open).
- Using the side opening, turn the main piece with the right sides facing out.
- Press to neaten. Topstitch in place.
- Pin one earpiece to one main side seam, matching corresponding positions and stretching knit earpiece to fit if needed. Sew with a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance. Repeat on the other side.
- Press the seam towards the center of the facemask. Topstitch in place. All done! Enjoy your DIY masks, please tag me on social media with your beautiful mask recreations!
@rosypenapatterns @rosypena #rosypenamask
Thanks so much for reading, BEAUTY!
Check out ROSY PEÑA PATTERNS for more sewing goodness!
DISCLAIMER: This pattern, video, tutorial, and design, is not intended to prevent the transmission of any respiratory pathogens and should not be used in place of proper protective equipment. Rosy Pena, LLC, Rosy Pena.com, Rosy Pena Patterns.com, or Rosalinda Pena make no warranties that this pattern, video, tutorial, and design, is intended to prevent any transmission of pathogens. Any bearer or recreation of this pattern, video, tutorial, and design, understands it is only for educational purposes and assumes the risk of use.
The post DIY FACE MASK TUTORIAL + FREE PATTERN! (NO ELASTIC OR TIES) appeared first on .
This content was originally published here.