Based upon my Wraparound-style masks. Very same 3-layer construction but in a smaller size. This uses a lighter middle layer too, cotton undershirt like Fruit of the Loom. Create your template, cut material, and sew.
- External Material (Quilting Cotton)
- Middle Layer (Old Undershirt)
- Inner Lining (Cotton Muslin)
- Flexible Hairties (2 2mm-thick Ties) or Elastic Cord (2 10 ″ each)
- Paper (for developing template)
- Cut paper 11 ″ x 4.5 ″.
- Fold in half lengthwise (delegated right), then widthwise (bottom to top).
- Mark 2 ″ in from top-left corner. Mark 1 ″ down from top-right corner. (ensure folds are oriented to the left and bottom)
- Draw dotted line from top-left corner to top-right marks.
- Cut along dotted lines and unfold.
Cut and Stitch
- Place template on top of materials and trace.
- Remove template, pin, and cut.
- Stack Outer Material (RS up), Muslin, Tshirt (WS up) and pin.
- Stitch leading and bottom edges utilizing a 1/4 ″ joint allowance. (make certain to leave 1/2 ″ from left and ideal sides unsewn!)
- Cut corners and seams to reduce bulk.
- Press open joints for the Muslin/Middle layer.
- Fold in and press unsewn flaps on left and best sides.
- Turn within out. Press joints.
- Topstitch along leading and bottom edges. (as near seam as possible)
- Fold in and sew left and ideal sides. (make sure hair ties are in location)
- Done! Wash and use!
Width 6.5 ″
Height 2.75 ″
Note on Sizing
Sizing is reliant on kid. The finished size above gives a basic idea but might fit younger or older kids in a different way. To approximate, determine kid’s face from bridge of nose down to bottom of chin. Then determine from ear, across bridge of nose, to other ear. Utilize a ribbon, tape step, yarn, or string. Determine how this will fit. Change by increasing or reducing length of flexible cord. If required, change design template dimensions prior to cutting for a much better fit.
Wash on Hottest
Dry on Highest Heat Setting
Sanitize by spritzing with water and ironing on Cotton Setting
This content was originally published here.